Dog care, like prevention and treatment related to dog illnesses, accidents and expenses, is high on your priority list for your dog so she can stay healthy, and that’s why Dog Health News asked our readers what key thing was on their wish list when it comes to dog health, and you might want to compare these results with your thoughts about your dog’s health to see what dog owners like you put at the top of their list when it comes to dog health.
This news brief gives you the 8 top things that a survey of dog owners said was the key item they wanted for their dog’s health.
Dog Care: 8 Vital Things People Said They Want for Their Dog’s Health
- No pain – There is nothing that touches your heart more than when your dog is in pain, so dog owners who wish that their dog has no pain was not a big surprise. You would most likely do anything you could to relieve your dog’s pain to make her feel better. From the chronic discomfort of arthritis to the agony of losing your dog from accidents, illnesses and aging, it’s never easy to deal with pain when it relates to your dog.
- Improved appetite – If your dog is a finicky eater it affects her health and that means her immune system can be weakened. Dog care includes a constant review of the food you give your dog so she gets the right balance of nutrition. Talk to your veterinarian about all the healthy dog food choices so you can use a variety of foods in your dog’s diet that can improve your dog’s appetite because she likes what you put in her bowl every day.
- Best Veterinarian Care – This item is most likely on your wish list too because you always want to have expert veterinary care for your dog. As a dog owner, you may not have all the information you need to keep your dog healthy or treat your dog when she gets sick or injured. Dog care responsibilities are much easier when you have access to the best veterinary care so you can have peace of mind about your dog’s health.
- Affordable Health Insurance – You may want to check the rates for dog health insurance and compare features when you bring your dog home because this wish list item has become closer to #1 on dog owner’s must haves. Dog health insurance might be the best strategy for you to keep your dog healthy when your dog ages and things start to happen to your dog’s health like diabetes or heart disease. It’s worth a look before you find out you wish you had dog insurance to pay for expensive surgery or long term dog care for your dog.
- Clear description of what’s wrong with your dog from their Vet – You don’t want a veterinarian that can’t tell you what’s wrong with your dog or refer you to a specialist for another diagnosis. If your dog has kidney failure or cancer, you need to know the facts and instructions for treatment in clear concise language so you can take care of your dog’s medical needs. You also want to make sure that your dog’s illness is not misdiagnosed. Always get a second and third opinion if your veterinarian’s diagnosis is not clear enough.
- Quality Food – Your dog depends on you to feed her a breed specific nutritionally balanced diet. Along with adequate exercise, a healthy diet may be the only things you need to do to keep your dog physically healthy. Dog care related to dog food requires careful review of the ingredients in all the dog food and treats you give your dog. Yes, there will be exceptions to the rules, however quality food is critical to your dog’s health and that’s why it’s on the dog owner wish list.
- What can you do at home for your dog to cut back on dog health expenses – This is an excellent wish list question to ask yourself every day because there are many things you can make at home to feed your dog and save money. There’s a long list of homemade recipes, toys you can make yourself and herbal supplements that help with fleas and dog health. Dog care costs can be reduced when you look at alternative solutions to your dog’s health needs and work with your veterinarian to pick the right products and supplements for your dog.
- Honest and true information at your fingertips – This wish list item is critical because you don’t want to believe everything you read on the internet or everything you hear from your friends. That’s why it’s so important to find a reputable veterinarian you can trust for honest and true information. You can also reach out to Dog Health News for help with information to lead you to the best sources of trustworthy content to keep your dog well.
This news brief gives you the most common items that dog owners want for their dog’s health so you are informed about the importance of dog care for your dog.
Share this article with your friends and family so they are aware of the top priorities of dog owners for dog health for their dog. You can always depend on the best dog health strategies from Dog Health News.
Hope you took some great value out of this post today! I’d love to hear your feedback, so make sure you leave a comment with your thoughts or questions. Also, you can click on the social media links below to share this article… Thank you!